4 thick boneless pork chops
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
salt to taste
24 peppercorns, crushed
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp dry white wine
• Trim off all the fat and butterfly the pork chops. To butterfly a boneless pork chop, cut it almost in half through one side, stopping about 1/4 inch from the edge. Open the chop as you would a book.
• Sprinkle chops with salt to taste.
• Add the olive oil and the unsalted butter to a large non-stick fry pan.
• Melt the butter and add the pork chops.
• Sprinkle crushed peppercorns over the chops.
• Gently sauté the chops over medium heat, turning them over with a pair of cooking tongs.
• When chops are no longer pink, reduce heat to very slow simmer and place a lid over the fry pan.
• Gently cook the chops with the lid on for 15 minutes.
• Remove pan from heat and transfer chops to a warm platter.
• Add the whipping cream and the white wine and gently cook cream sauce for two minutes.
• Pour cream sauce over the chops and serve.