1 cup light cream cheese
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 cup light sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
1 pkg. frozen spinach or 2 bunches fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, or cheddar or mozzarella, or a mixture of cheeses
If using fresh spinach:
• Wash 2 bunches of fresh spinach in running water.
• Place spinach in a small Dutch pot and pour boiling water on the top.
• Turn on the heat and bring to the boil.
• With kitchen thongs turn over spinach and remove pot from the heat.
If using frozen spinach:
• Omit the preceding steps and defrost the frozen spinach in the microwave.
From here on, prepare both the freshly cooked and frozen package the same way.
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Squeeze out all the liquid from the spinach and set it aside.
• Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and minced garlic in a bowl and beat to combine.
• Add 1 cup of shredded cheese, reserving 1/2 cup for use later.
• Add the squeezed out spinach and stir to combine.
• Transfer dip to an “oven to table” baking dish.
• Sprinkle the top with the reserved shredded cheese.
• Bake in the oven at 350F until the dip begins to bubble.
• Serve spinach dip either hot, cold or anywhere in between.