image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

24.1.12

ROASTING RED PEPPERS


Very simple to roast red peppers and there are many uses for them in salads, antipasto or Mediterranean dishes. Roasted red pepper is also the main ingredient of red pepper paste.


• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Cut the red peppers in half and remove the seeds and the stem
• Place them cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
• Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer to a bowl.
• Tightly wrap the bowl with foil and let the peppers cool to room temperature.
• Remove skins and slice or chop the peppers.

2 comments:

  1. OK...now, this I already have done, and posted it several months ago! Being married to a Sicilian, and having a true Northern Italian son-in-law, I have learned a lot of the Italian "tricks of the trade" over the years, plus living in Italy for 3 years when my children were little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, and a lot more no doubt. Italian food; I could live on it, but I thought Italians will always want Italian food - that's how the French got started, by an Italian. So what say your Sicilian husband about Hungarian food?

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive