image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

7.1.10

GARAM MASALA



This here is my happy spice. Roasting these spices must release some endorphins in the body, because it always gives me a bit of happy when their fragrance begins to fill my kitchen... Not a bad way to start cooking. Eh? Garam masala is best made fresh. Freshly roasting garam masala is well worth the time and the effort; in a dish it is simply DIVINE! Store the leftovers in a glass jar with airtight lid, but not for long, because in a day or two garam masala begins to loose its wonderful flavour and aroma.

4 tsp coriander seeds
2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp whole black peppercorns
4 (3inch) cinnamon sticks
1 tsp whole cloves
1 whole nutmeg
2 tsp cardamom seeds, without the pods

• Place the cardamoms separately on a small roasting pan.
• Place all the other ingredients on a baking tray.
• Roast them all at the same time at 275F.
• As the kitchen fills with the aroma of roasting spices, remove both pans from the oven, and let them cool.
• Peel the cardamoms, discard the pods, and retain the seeds.
• Chop the nutmeg into manageable pieces.
• Place all the spices in a coffee grinder or with mortar and pestle grind or pound them very fine. In a bind it can be wrapped in an old but clean kitchen towel and crushed with a hammer.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive