1 tsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
8 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp Flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1 cup half and half
• Wash the cauliflower, break it into sections and trim the ends.
• Place the chicken broth in a medium sized pot.
• Add the cauliflower florets and parsley and bring it to boil.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Reduce heat to a slow simmer.
• Cook until cauliflower is just tender.
• In a fry pan make a roux from 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp flour.
• Remove the pan from heat and stir in the Hungarian paprika.
• Add the half and half to the fry pan and stir.
• Bring to almost boil then remove from heat.
• Gradually add the paprika mixture to the soup.
• Slowly simmer soup for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
• Adjust the seasoning.
• Serve cauliflower soup with a large dollop of sour cream.