2 cups of spaghetti or short pasta
750 g canned Italian tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 pinch of red-pepper flakes
handful of dry basil , crushed
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated for topping
• Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water to al dente.
• Pour though a large sieve.
• Drain the pasta and set it aside.
• Crush the Italian tomatoes.
• Mince the garlic cloves.
• Place a deep non stick fry pan on medium heat.
• Add 3 Tbsp olive oil and the minced garlic.
• Cook for a minute, then add the pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute.
• Increase the heat.
• Tilting the pan, add the tomatoes gradually.
• Stir, swirling the pan, cook the tomatoes until they begin to thicken.
• Add the drained pasta and sauté for 3-4 minutes; until sauce clings to it.
• Add the crushed basil; sauté for 30 minutes.
• Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Feeds 6