• Wash the beets.
• Remove both ends and peel off skin.
• Place peeled beets on a plastic cutting board. [Beets stain wood.]
• With a sharp chef’s knife cut beets in half.
• Place beets on the cut [flat] side and slice them thinly uniform.
• Arrange beets in sterilized jars.
• Make brine from equal amount of sugar and vinegar.
• Bring brine to boil an pour on the beets, leaving head space.
• Place snap lids in hot water for a couple of minutes.
• Wipe the rims and place on the lids.
• Screw on the tops.
• Place jars in oven at 250F for 2-1/2 hours.