4 pork ribs
salt to taste
4 slices of light rye bread
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 apple, shredded
2 Tbsp olive oil,
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
• Salt and bake the ribs in a covered dish at 320F.
• Depending on the size this could take 2-3 hours.
• Meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
• Cube 4 slices of light rye.
• Place bread cubes in a large bowl and set it aside.
• Chop the onions and set it aside in a separate small bowl.
• Chop the celery and set it aside in a separate small bowl.
• Peel, core and shred the apple and set it aside in a separate small bowl.
• Sauté the onions in 2 Tbsp of olive oil until soft.
• Add the celery and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
• Add the sautéed onions and celery to the bread cubes.
• Add the shredded apple.
• Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
• With clean hands loosely combine contents of the bowl and set aside.
• When tender remove ribs from the oven.
• Let them cool somewhat.
• Grease a clean baking dish.
• Place one rib, meaty side down, inside the clean dish.
• Cover with stuffing and top with the other rib, meaty side up.
• From the original pan pour all the rib drippings on top of the ribs.
• Bake the stuffed ribs uncovered at 350F for 1-1/2 hours longer.