Taste the fruit and not the pectin!
8 cups strawberries, chopped
6 cups sugar
Lemon juice (optional)
• Sterilize the jars.
• Rinse the berries and drain well.
• Remove the hulls.
• Chop the berries. Don’t puree them.
• Measure berries into a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
• If fruit is very ripe add 1 Tbsp lemon juice for every cup of berries.
• Place the fruit and sugar on medium heat and bring to simmer.
• Increase the heat to quick boil.
• Boil rapidly for 10-5 minutes stirring constantly to prevent burning.
• Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
• Place the lids in very hot water to soften the rubber.
• Place a wide-mouthed funnel over a sterilized jam jar.
• Ladle the hot jam into the jar leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
• Use a damp (not wet) paper towel to wipe the rims.
• Place the prepared lids on the top and screw on the cap.
• Place the jars filled with jam in the oven and process at 212F for 2 hrs.
• Store jams in a dry, cool place.