This one came from Ann too. Half the work and very, very delicious!
1-1/2 cups butter
1 cup brown sugar
6 eggs, beaten
2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups currants
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Crumble base ingredients together in a bowl.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- In a lage bowl beat the eggs and 2 cups brown sugar until light and thick.
- Add 3/4 cup flour, 2-1/4 tsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp salt and 1-1/2 cups of currants.
- Stir to combine, then spread over base.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until center is almost firm.