Perfect poached egg is cooked in residual heat and not poached at all. Poached egg cools quickly; serve it on a heated plate.
• Use a medium-sized non-stick skillet with a lid.
• Fill the skillet with 2-3 inches of water.
• Add a drop of vinegar to the water. Vinegar helps the egg to hold its shape.
• Crack the egg into the water.
• Put the skillet on high heat.
• Add some salt. Salt will make the water boil faster.
• When the water starts to boil place the lid on the pan and remove pan from the heat.
• Depending on how runny you like the yolk, keep the lid on for 3-5 minutes.
• Lift each poached egg out of the water with a wide slotted spoon and place on
a heated plate.