2 red potatoes
3 Tbsp oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp Hungarian Paprika
salt and pepper
3 yellow peppers
3 European wieners*, sliced
• Peel the potatoes, wash, and cut into quarters.
• In a medium sized pot sauté the diced onions until soft.
• Remove from heat and mix in the paprika.
• Add potatoes to the onions and return pot to the stove.
• Salt and pepper it to taste.
• Pour water on the potatoes quarter way up.
• Bring to slow simmer and cover.
• While the potatoes simmer, wash the peppers and the tomatoes.
• Remove the pepper cores and discard.
• Slice the peppers into thick chunks.
• Quarter the tomatoes.
• When the potatoes are half cooked, add the peppers and tomatoes.
• Bring back to simmer.
• With the lid off sauté the potato lecsó until the potatoes are tender.
• Add the wieners, cover and turn off heat.
• Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
*Please, never use hot dogs in a Hungarian dish.