image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

21.1.10

STUFFED PORK RIBS


This has been one of Jim’s favorites. We were newly weds, I was a new immigrant and this was my first foray into the realm of Canadian style cooking. The recipe came from a Purity Cook Book Jim ordered for me through the mail. Jim loved it when I made it for him for a variety of reasons. I modified the recipe over the years; I found the original recipe produced tough ribs and soggy stuffing, none of which appealed to my Hungarian sensibilities. But Jim liked it and with some changes I was able to make it one of my own.

4 pork ribs
salt to taste

Apple Stuffing:
4 slices of light rye bread
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 apple, shredded
2 Tbsp olive oil,
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley

• Salt and bake the ribs in a covered dish at 320F.
• Depending on the size this could take 2-3 hours.
• Meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
• Cube 4 slices of light rye.
• Place bread cubes in a large bowl and set it aside.
• Chop the onions and set it aside in a separate small bowl.
• Chop the celery and set it aside in a separate small bowl.
• Peel, core and shred the apple and set it aside in a separate small bowl.
• Sauté the onions in 2 Tbsp of olive oil until soft.
• Add the celery and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
• Add the sautéed onions and celery to the bread cubes.
• Add the shredded apple.
• Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
• With clean hands loosely combine contents of the bowl and set aside.
• When tender remove ribs from the oven.
• Let them cool somewhat.
• Grease a clean baking dish.
• Place one rib, meaty side down, inside the clean dish.
• Cover with stuffing and top with the other rib, meaty side up.
• From the original pan pour all the rib drippings on top of the ribs.
• Bake the stuffed ribs uncovered at 350F for 1-1/2 hours longer.

Apple Stuffing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive