- Process the dry curd cottage cheese.
- Place the processed dry curds in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Add the semolina and stir to combine.
- Add salt to taste and stir to combine.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Form 6 balls in the palm of your hands.
- Slide the dumplings into the boiling water.
- Gently simmer until dumplings float to the surface.
- Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon and drain.
- In a large skillet lightly toast the bread crumbs in 2 Tbsp oil.
- Pour the roasted breadcrumbs into a large heated bowl.
- Slide the dumplings into the bowl, moving the bowl around to coat the dumplings.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with sour cream.
SWEET COTTAGE CHEESE DUMPLINGS
No more TÚRÓGOMBÓC deprivation; There IS a way to make túrógombóc from cottage cheese; you just need the DRY CURD type. And the curds have to be mashed; smashed, pulverized, obliterated, destroyed! That is because the curds are not able to absorb the semolina, so dumplings made from curds will always fall apart in the simmering water. But by pureeing the curds first – dry curd cottage cheese becomes a type of soft cheese product that is suitable for making a pretty good túrógombóc! Jó étvágyat!
1-3/4 cups DRY CURD cottage cheese
1/4+1/8 cup semolina
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Note: This recipe was designed specifically for dry curd cottage cheese and these proportions will not work with any other type of soft cheese product.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- SOUP DUMPLINGS – LEVES GALUSKA
- OLD FASHIONED STRAWBERRY JAM
- PLUM JAM
- SAUERKRAUT GULYAS - SZÉKELY GULYÁS
- HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM
- MUSHROOM SOUP - GOMBA LEVES
- COTTAGE CHEESE BARS - TÚRÓ KOCKA
- TARTAR SAUCE for FISH
- RAKOCZI CURD BAR - RÁKÓCZI TÚRÓS
- SWEET COTTAGE CHEESE DUMPLINGS
- ONE SERVING of MAC AND CHEESE
- HUNGARIAN TOMATO RICE SOUP - RIZSES PARADICSOMLEVE...
- STUFFED PORK RIBS
- BEEF STROGANOFF
- BUTTER TART BARS
- POTATO PEPPER STEW - LECSÓS BURGONYA
- SWEET AND SOUR PORK
- LEMON NUT LOAF
- RASPBERRY SAUCE
- PICKLED BEETS
- RICE PILAF
- PASTA IN TOMATO SAUCE
- HOT COCOA
- POTATOES AU GRATIN
- CRISPY COLE SLAW
- POACHED EGG
- SALMON IN PARCHMENT
- ITALIAN MEATBALLS
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- POWDERED SUGAR
- GARAM MASALA
- CAULIFLOWER SOUP - KARFIOL LEVES
- RED PEPPER CORN
- CHERRIES JUBILEE
- ▼ January (34)