image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

10.4.10

BREAKFAST PASTRY


1/2 cup butter, cold, cubed
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar*
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup of chocolate chips or blueberries

• Sift together the flour, baking soda and the cream of tartar.
Important: there is no substitution for the cream of tartar!
• Blend in the butter to make a fine meal.
• Stir in the milk just to combine.
• Handle the dough as little as possible.
Dough should be very light.

• Gently flatten dough with hands on a floured board.
• Sprinkle generously with either chocolate chips or blueberries.
• Add 1/2 cup of sugar if using a tart fruit.
• Roll up dough loosely in jellyroll fashion.
• Cut into 8 slices.
• Place rolls on their sides, slightly touching, in a greased baking pan.
• Bake at 450F for 13 minutes.
• Dust with icing sugar and serve piping hot.



I made these with raisins.

* NEVER substitute cream of tartar in a recipe.  
 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Zsuzsa: I made these pastries today with the chocolate chips for my family and they disappeared. I love the consistency of the dough and somehow I imagine I should try to fill these with cheese or something salty too. Have you ever tried it? And I can also imagine using this dough to make a delicious pizza! I love your blog, my parents are both hungarian and there are many recipes that my mom has forgotten and that I have found in here. Thank you! Sylvia :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I bake for chocoholics. :-) But I can see some cheesy turo like filling could work. As for pizza, I am not so sure it would, but who is to stop you? :-)

      Delete
    2. I will definitely try it and let you know what happens! Sylvia :-)

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive