Don’t mess around with wonder bread, or with milk and such.
All you need is good quality white bread, some eggs and pure vanilla extract.
And of course nothing finishes it off like real Canadian maple syrup.
2 thick slices of calabrese bread or something like that, cut in two
1 tsp vanilla extract
REAL maple syrup!
• Crack the eggs into a medium-size bowl.
• Add the vanilla extract and whisk well.
• Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan.
• Make sure the bread is totally covered.
• Cook the bread in the frying pan on low heat until both sides are light brown.
• Transfer to a plate and serve with real maple syrup.
• Fruit preserve is optional.