3 cups flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp and 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 additional eggs
• Combine the flour, 4 eggs, salt and milk.
• Beat vigorously to form a smooth, pliable batter.
• Boil 8 cups of water.
• Add 1 tsp of oil.
• Place a Hungarian dumpling or German spatzle maker over the pot.
• Push the dough through the holes into the boiling water below.
• When the dumplings float, pour into a large colander.
• Rinse the dumplings under cold running water.
• Drain the dumplings shaking the colander to remove all excess water.
• In another bowl, beat the remaining four eggs. Add salt to taste.
• Heat the oil in a pan, add the dumplings and heat through.
• Pour in the beaten eggs and keep stirring until the eggs cook.