These are soft, delicate muffins with a subtle peach flavour. Every time I make them I am blowed away by its delicate flavour and lightness.
1 cup canned peaches in light syrup*
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
½ cup from the reserved peach syrup
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
• Drain the peaches and reserve the liquid.
• In a bowl coarsely mash the peaches with a potato masher.
• Add the egg, oil, milk and the vanilla.
• Add 1/2 cup from the reserved peach liquid.
• With a fork whisk the peach mixture together.
• In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and sugar.
• Combine the flour and peach mixtures until just incorporated.
• Generously spray a large 12 tin muffin pan and fill with the batter.
• For larger muffins fill only ten cups.
• Bake the muffins at 400F for 20 minutes.
• Partially lift muffins to stop the baking process.
• Muffins are best eaten right out of the oven.
*Make sure you use light syrup. Heavy syrup will make the muffins too sweet, thus upsetting the balance of delicate flavours.