12 long stemmed fresh strawberries
1/2 cup good quality chocolate, chopped
2 tsp vegetable shortening [do not substitute]
• Wash and dry the strawberries.
• Place the chocolate pieces in a small bowl and microwave.
• Melt the chocolate and stir smooth.
• Add the shortening and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds longer.
• Stir smooth again. If chocolate does not drip easily, add a little more shortening.
• Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate.
• Place on parchment paper to dry.
• Let chocolate solidify at room temperature for one to two hours.
• After that, it will be easy transferring the strawberries to the serving platter.