1-1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
3/4 cup cold butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
1-1/2 cups green and red candied cherries, halved
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
• Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
• Press into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
• Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
• Beat egg slightly in a large bowl
• Stir in remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and salt.
• Add nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
• Toss lightly to coat.
• Spoon fruit layer evenly over baked layer.
• Bake additional 20 minutes.
• Turn off oven. Wait 10 minutes and return pan to the oven to dry for 2 hours.
• Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into bars.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!