FROZEN YOGURT WITH FRUIT
There is a plain Greek yogurt on the market that is thick, rich with a fat content of 11%. There is no need to drip this yogurt, it’s thick and sweet and contains no gelatine. It’s the Olympic “Krema”.
I used fresh strawberries here, but you can make frozen yogurt with freezer jam too. When I make cooked jam, I will reserve the foam spooned of the jam. I let it cool completely and then stir it into Greek style yoghurt and make it into frozen yoghurt in the Donvier. This frozen yogurt is so stable, you don’t need to put it in the freezer to solidify, you can eat it right of way. The one thing you have to watch is not to stir the yogurt too much or it will liquefy like any other yoghurt.
Donvier ice cream maker
1-1/2 cups crushed fruit
1-1/2 cups [11% M.F.] Greek style yogurt
sugar or honey to taste
• Wash, debone and chop the ripe fruit.
• Place in a food processor and blend smooth.
• Strain the fruit if you used berries.
• Place the fruit in a small bowl and sweeten to taste.
• Make sure there is minimal tang left.
• Place the Greek style yogurt in a medium sized bowl.
• Gently stir in the sweetened fruit.
• Stirring the yoghurt should be minimal.
• There will be swirls of fruit, but that will disappear while the ice cream is processed.
• Place the yogurt mixture inside the Donvier and process to directions.
• Serve or spoon into freezer safe containers and freeze to serve later.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- PEACHY MUFFINS
- CREAMED SPINACH - SPENÓT FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- BAKED and BREADED CHICKEN CUTLETS
- OVEN FRIES
- POTATO PASTA - KRUMPLIS TÉSZTA
- PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN SOUP - CSIRKELEVES KUKTÁBA...
- EASY SUGAR COOKIES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- FRENCH TOAST for one
- YOGURT CHEESE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- LAZY PEROGY CASSEROLE
- M&M COOKIES
- HUNGARIAN PAPRIKA
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- PURPLE CABBAGE – LILA KÁPOSZTA
- APPLE PIE
- PIE PASTRY
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE BUNDLE - TÚRÓS BATYU
- HUNGARIAN NUT ROLLS - BEIGLI
- HASSELBACK POTATOES
- JOKAI BEAN SOUP – JÓKAI BABLEVES
- GULYÁS SOUP - GULYÁS LEVES
- EGGY DUMPLINGS - TOJÁSOS NOKEDLI
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- FROZEN YOGURT WITH FRUIT
- FRIED RICE
- CREAM OF WHEAT
- MILK RICE – TEJBERIZS
- BREAKFAST PASTRY
- CAESAR SALAD
- JEWEL BARS
- HARD BOILED EGGS
- SAUTÉED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- PAPRIKA POTATOES - PAPRIKÁS KRUMPLI
- ▼ April (39)