Pie Pastry for double crust
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp Fruit Fresh
3 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
6 tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/8 cup butter
• Roll out the bottom crust 1/8" thick
• Lay crust in the bottom of the pie pan.
• Press crust gently into pan, leave excess hang over edge.
• In a large bowl combine sugar, Fruit Fresh, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
• Add the sliced apples and mix to coat.
• Fill the pie pan with the apples and dot with bits of butter.
• Roll out the top layer.
• Cover the filling with the top layer.
• To seal the edge pinch and crimp all around.
• Cut several steam slits into the top.
• Bake for 50 minutes at 425F until pastry is golden and filling bubbles through vents.
• Let stand for 30 minutes to allow juices to settle, then slice.