8 cups of fresh spinach
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper
• In a medium sized pot bring water to boil.
• Wash the spinach and drain.
• Cook just until limp.
• Drain and plunge into cold water.
• Squeeze out all the juices, and chop spinach finely.
• In a pot make a roux from butter and flour.
• Add the garlic.
• Stir the chopped spinach into the roux.
• Add milk to make thick sauce.
• Cook and stir until bubbles break the surface.
• Slowly simmer for 2 minutes.
• Season creamed spinach with salt and pepper.