image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

24.4.10

PURPLE CABBAGE – LILA KÁPOSZTA


1/2 red cabbage
2 Tbsp salt
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp caraway seeds
ground pepper to taste
vinegar to taste

• Thinly slice or coarsely shred the cabbage.
• Pour 1/4 cup of water on the cabbage and toss.
• Generously sprinkle with salt and toss.
• Let salted cabbage stand for 2 hours.
• With clean hands squeeze out all the moisture.
• In a saucepan, heat up the oil.
• Add the cabbage, sugar, caraway seeds and ground pepper.
• Do NOT add water. Cover and SLOWLY simmer.
• When the cabbage is “crunchy tender”, stir in a little vinegar to taste.
• Serve hot.

For those who are no fan of caraway seeds, grinding the seeds in a spice mill or in a coffee grinder is most beneficial.


and when fresh fruit is in abundance:

  

I treated 1 cup of chopped apricots with 1/2 Tbsp Fruit Fresh and 3 Tbsp sugar and let it stand for half an hour. Then I added the apricots to the pot just before serving. Very nice.
   

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive