400 g boneless pork, cubed
1/8 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
oil for deep frying
1/2 bell pepper, diced
• Heat the oil in a heavy pot.
• Place the flour and meat in a plastic bag. Shake to coat.
• Drop the meat, a few at a time, into the hot oil.
• Deep fry meat VERY crisp.
• Take out meat with a slotted spoon and drain on paper.
• Place equal amounts of sugar, ketchup and vinegar in a medium saucepan.
• Bring contents to simmer.
• Add the crispy fried meat chunks and heat until the sauce bubbles.
• Place a lid on the top and let it sit for 15 minutes.
• Add the chopped bell pepper and combine.
• Serve sweet and sour with rice.