image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

7.5.10

OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES



2 parsnips, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
2 Yukon gold or red potatoes, peeled
1 onion, peeled
5 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Cut parsnips and carrots on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices.
• Quarter the potatoes.
• Cut the onion into wedges.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Toss with olive oil.
• Place all the vegetables and garlic in a large roasting pan.
• Cover with a lid or foil.
• Bake for 30 minutes.
• Uncover and bake, stirring occasionally, for another 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, golden brown and slightly crispy

A good addition to the vegetables when it is available is celeriac or celery root. Scrub and peel the celeriac and cut it into wedges.

  

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive