PORK ROAST HUNGARIAN STYLE
The first time I met my mother in law she served us pork roast with garlic. Anyu was a good cook.
650 g boneless pork loin
4 garlic cloves, slivered
• Wash the meat and pat to dry with paper towels.
• Salt generously, and let rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
• Discard juices.
• Poke holes in the meat and insert garlic slivers.
• Place in a roasting pan and cover.
• Slowly roast at 325F, for 2 hours or more.
• Baste often for best flavor.
• When done, meat thermometer should reach 165F.
It is important to check the internal temperature of pork meat. It must reach a safe temperature in order to be safe to eat.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!