8 red potatoes
1/2 cup mayonnaise*
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp mustard
1 celery stalk, diced
3 radishes, sliced
1/8 onion, finely grated
1 Tbsp parsley
salt and pepper
• Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
• Bring the water to boil, cover and heat to slow simmer.
• Cook until potatoes are BARELY tender.
• Drain off water, cover, and cool to lukewarm.
• Place the eggs in a separate pot and cover with water.
• Add 1/2 tsp salt to the water.
• Bring the water to boil, cover the pot and remove from heat.
• Let the eggs stand covered for 15 minutes.
• Peel and chop the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
• Place potatoes in a large bowl.
• Drain off water, peel and chop the eggs.
• Add the chopped eggs to the potatoes.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and sugar.
• Add the mayonnaise mixture to the warm potatoes.
• Adjust the salt.
• Add the celery, radishes and the onion.
• With clean hands combine gently.
*Do not use calorie reduced mayonnaise and never use miracle whip for potato salad.
Low starch potatoes [such as red and yukon gold] have a moister, crisper flesh. They hold their shape better in boiling and salad making. To determine the starch content of a potato, rub two cut halves together. If they stick together the starch content is high.