Strawberry coulis is a fancy sounding name for strawberry sauce.
Use it to top ice cream, waffles, French toast, pancakes, cheesecake, biscuits and scones.
2-1/2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 cup of water
• Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
• Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
• Pour mixture into a blender.
• Blend it smooth and then strain it to remove the seeds.
Strawberry coulis can be stored in the fridge for one week or in the freezer for several months. Or omit the cooking part and just put ingredients through the blender. It will not keep though; you have to use it right of way.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!