OVEN BARBEQUED PORK RIBS
Baked at 320F these are very tender and flavorful ribs. Our good friend, Jan Snyder cooked this for us when we lived in Prince George.
500 g pork ribs
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp celery seed
• Salt the ribs and bake in a covered roasting pan at 320F until tender.
• In a frying pan sauté the onions and garlic in oil until translucent.
• In a bowl combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard seed, celery seed, and pepper.
• Add the sautéed onions to the tomato sauce mixture.
• Pour this sauce over the ribs.
• Add 1/2 cup of water beside ribs.
• Bake the ribs for 1 to 2 hours longer.
• Increase the oven temperature to 350F and bake for 20 minutes longer
• Serve with rice.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!