1-1/2 cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
dash of salt
4 egg yolks
3 Tbsp sour cream
2 tsp rum
oil for deep frying
icing sugar to dust
• Place the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
• Add the egg, egg yolks, sour cream and rum.
• Combine ingredients to make a soft dough.
• Add more flour or more sour cream to get the right consistency.
• Kneed the soft dough for 10 minutes. [Don't skip this]
• Cover with kitchen wrap and let it rest for 1/2 hour.
• On floured surface roll out dough very thin and cut into rectangles.
• Make a slit in the center and pull one end through to make crullers.
• In a deep fry pan deep fry crullers until golden. Turn only once.
• Drain the crullers on paper, and dust with icing sugar.