These fries are simply amazing! They are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Plus they are less greasy than regular fries are. Deep fried potatoes absorb much less oil if they are partially cooked first. You will need
5 red potatoes and
oil for deep frying
• Cut the potatoes into ~1 inch cubes or a bit smaller.
• Bring a large pot of water to rapid boil.
• Add the potatoes and bring to boil.
• Cook the potatoes partially, potatoes should remain firm.
• Drain well.
• Place oil in a large, heavy pot.
• Bring oil to boil on medium high heat.
• Add the potato cubes and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes brown.
• Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon.
• Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
• Serve immediately.