1/2 cup table cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
6 thick slices from a French loaf
1 tsp butter and 1 tsp oil per batch for frying
Serve with maple syrup, jam and icing sugar.
• Preheat oven to 250F.
• In a shallow bowl whisk together eggs, table cream, vanilla and salt.
• Cut 6 [3/4-inch thick] slices from a French loaf.
• Soak the slices in the egg mixture for 2 minutes, turning once.
• In a large fry pan heat up one batch of butter and oil over medium heat.
• Cook the soaked bread for 2- 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
• Place cooked French toasts on a sheet pan and place in warm oven.
• Fry the remaining slices, adding the butter and the oil as needed.
• Serve hot with maple syrup, raspberry jam and sifted icing sugar.