1/2 cup egg whites, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
1-1/3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
• Preheat oven to 300F.
• Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
• Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
• Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
• Beat in the cream of tartar and the vanilla.
• Continue beating and begin to add the sugar gradually.
• When all the sugar has been added, beat in the sifted cocoa powder.
• Fold in the chocolate chips.
• Drop meringues 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
• Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
• Cookies should be firm and the bottoms lightly browned.