1 batch of home made noodles*
2 tsp butter
1-1/2 cups walnuts, finely ground
1/4 cup powdered sugar
You will want powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar for this type of dish. Icing sugar makes the nut mixture somewhat pasty, as it contains cornstarch, and regular sugar will cruch under your teeth. It's easy to make powdered sugar with a small coffee grinder, click on the link above. The alternative is to use what we call "fine sugar" or "extra fine sugar", but these are more expensive.
• Bring a 4-liter pot of salted water to a boil.
• Add the noodles and bring to boil.
• When the fresh noodles boil up they are ready.
• Melt the butter in the pot and return the drained noodles.
• Mix well to coat with butter. Cover and keep noodles warm.
• Transfer the warm buttered noodles to a large warmed serving bowl.
• Generously sprinkle noodles with the sweetened walnut mixture. Serves 4
* or use a 350 g package of fresh Linguine noodles.