When a dessert calls for biscuits, these are excellent. They are soft and light and have none of the heaviness of ordinary biscuits.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
• Whisk dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
• Add the cream.
• Stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds, or until the dough forms.
• Place dough on a lightly floured counter and gather into a ball.
• Knead dough for 30 seconds or until smooth.
• Pat dough into a 3/4-inch thick circle.
• Cut the biscuits into rounds using a 2 or 2-1/2″ biscuit cutter.
• Place the biscuits on a baking sheet.
• Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 1 dozen 2″ biscuits
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!