1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup icing sugar
Sprinkling of salt
1/8 cup butter, divided
1/4 cup raisins
grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
2 egg whites
icing sugar for sprinkling
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Combine the flour, egg yolks, 1/4 cup icing sugar and a sprinkling of salt.
• Melt half of the 1/8 cup of butter and add to the batter.
• Stir in the raisins and the lemon rinds.
• In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until hard peaks form.
• Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
• Butter a baking pan with the remaining butter.
• Place the batter in the pan and bake it until nicely browned.
• Remove pan from the oven and cut the cake into irregular shapes with a spatula.
• Serve immediately with jam and a sprinkling of icing sugar.