4 slices of cinnamon bread
1 Tbsp butter
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
• Cut the cinnamon bread in half, and butter each slice.
• Beat the eggs, sugar and salt until well blended.
• In a saucepan bring the milk and cream just to boil.
• Stir this mixture very gradually into the egg mixture.
• Add the vanilla extract.
• Butter a square baking dish.
• Arrange the bread slices in the prepared dish with buttered sides up.
• Strain the custard mixture on the top.
• Set the dish in a roasting pan.
• Fill the roasting pan with hot water to a dept of 1 inch.
• Bake at 375F for until a knife inserted comes out clean.
• Scoop some hot pudding on a plate and pour Apricot Sauce on top.