Feta Cheese Körözött
This feta based cheese spread is closer in resemblance to the authentic Liptói körözött.
1 cup feta cheese, pleasantly salt [If too salty, soak in water first]
125 g cream cheese [the small package]
1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
ground pepper to taste
1 Tbsp partially ground caraway seeds
1/2 cup chopped chives or green onion
• Blend the feta cheese with the cream cheese.
• Add the Hungarian paprika, pepper and the caraway seeds.
• Mix to combine.
• Add the chopped chives or the green onions and mix to combine.
• Form into a ball, warp and set in the fridge for the night so flavours can meld.
Goat Cheese Körözött
This one is a nice alternative, and a little creamier than the feta based spread.
300 g unripened goat cheese
250 g cream cheese
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 Tbsp crushed caraway seed
1/4 cup minced red onions [but do not grate it]
• Place ingredients in a medium large bowl and beat it until soft.
• Spoon mixture into a small serving bowl and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
• Spread the körözött on bread or a crusty bun.
• Decorate open face party sandwiches with körözött piped on the top.