2 large russet potatoes
2 Tbsp butter
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
• Scrub the potatoes well and dry with paper towels.
• Poke several holes in them with a skewer to allow steam to escape.
• Place the potatoes in the oven and bake, uncovered, until tender, about 1 hour.
• Allow the potatoes to cool to room temperature.
• Refrigerate in a plastic bag overnight.
• Next day peel and dice the potatoes.
• Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet and add the potatoes.
• Sprinkle with salt.
• On low heat slow fry until the undersides have a nice color to them.
• Flip and slow fry until potatoes lightly browned and serve.