6 cups peeled and chopped kohlrabi [or 3-4 kohlrabi roots]
1 batch of béchamel sauce
1/4 cup 14% sour cream
salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• Peel and chop the kohlrabi. Use only tender roots, discard woody ones or set them aside for making stock.
• Place the chopped kohlrabi in a pot and add water about halfway up.
• Cover and cook until tender. [Kohlrabi cooks very fast.]
• Drain off the stock and reserve it for use later.
• Cover the kohlrabi to keep warm.
• Make the béchamel sauce and replace part of the milk with the reserved kohlrabi stock.
• Add the sour cream to the finished sauce and stir to combine.
• Pour the béchamel sauce over the kohlrabi and add the chopped parsley.
• Stir and serve.