1 cup finely chopped pure bittersweet chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup rum
3/4 cup whipping cream
rind of 1 orange, very thinly sliced [white pith removed]
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
1 pinch of cinnamon
3 cups finely ground walnuts
1/3 cup rum
• Prepare the crepe batter first and then set it aside.
• Preheat the oven to 200F.
• Make the chocolate sauce next.
• Partially melt the chocolate with the milk in a double boiler.
• Remove from heat and stir. Add the rum, stir and set aside.
• Make the filling next.
• Place the whipping cream, the orange rind and the raisins in a large fry pan.
• Bring the cream to the boil.
• Add the sugar, the cinnamon and the ground walnuts and stir to combine.
• Reduce heat and cook stirring continuously for a minute or two.
• Remove from heat and stir in the rum.
• Cover the fry pan and set it aside in a warm place.
• Turn the oven off.
• Next, fry up the crepes. If you have two non-stick fry pans or crepe pans, this will go faster. [My mother used to have 3 crepe pans going at the time.]
• Place the crapes on a warm plate and stick the plate into the warm oven. Make sure the oven is off. The intent is to keep the crepes warm, not to bake them.
• When all the crepes are ready, spread with the filling and fold into quarters.
• Place one or two crepes on the plate and pour a little chocolate sauce on the top.