1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/4 cups flour
1 cup very finely ground almonds
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure almond extract
32 raw almonds
• Preheat oven to 400F.
• In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
• Beat in the egg, the extracts and beat in half the amount of the ground almond.
• Gradually mix in the flour and the rest of the ground almonds.
• Roll the cookies into little balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
• Press the little balls slightly with a flat, floured spatula.
• Press a whole almond in the center of each cookie.
• Bake 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cookies are lightly coloured.
• Yield 32 cookies