3 cups peeled, sliced carrots
1/3 cup orange marmalade [I used sugar free marmalade]
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp rum
• Place the sliced carrots in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
• Cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp tender.
• Meanwhile melt the butter in a large skillet.
• Add the brown sugar and cook over medium heat until sugar melts.
• Remove from heat, and stir in the rum. Set aside.
• When the carrots are ready, drain off the liquid and put carrots back into the pot.
• Immediately add the marmalade and stir until the marmalade melts.
• Transfer the carrot - marmalade mixture into the skillet with the rum sauce.
• Toss to coat gently and serve.