6 medium sized red potatoes
3 Tbsp finely chopped smoked bacon
1/3 cup rich homemade chicken stock
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried marjoram
salt to taste [the stock probably as salt in it]
ground pepper to taste
• Wash the potatoes and place them in a pot.
• Submerge the potatoes with cold water.
• Cook them only until almost tender. Soft potatoes will fall apart in the salad.
• Drain potatoes as soon as you remove them from the heat.
• Peel the potatoes as soon as you are able to handle them.
• Let the potatoes cool a little and chop into chunks.
• Place the potatoes in a bowl.
• Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat them until hot, but do not boil.
• Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes; give the salad a delicate stir.
• Meanwhile fry the bacon bits.
• Pour the remaining sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle with the bacon.