1/2 cup green lentils
6 cups chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 Bavarian sausage, thinly sliced
1 sprig of parsley
1/4 cup diced onions
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp Hungarian paprika
• Wash the lentils and drain.
• Place 6 cups of chicken stock, the lentils and the bay leaf in a medium dutch pot and slowly simmer for twenty minutes.
• Add the carrots, the sausage and the parsley and continue slow simmer.
• Dice the onions and mince the garlic.
• Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick fry pan.
• Add the onions and sauté on medium heat until translucent.
• Add the garlic and stir in the flour.
• Remove from heat and stir in the paprika.
• Add the onion mixture to the soup and slowly cook for five minutes.
• Serve with sour cream.