3 roasted red peppers
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sage
1-1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
3/4 cup red wine
• Roast the red peppers, peel and then soak in cold water.
• Heat the olive oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat.
• Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
• Season the onions with salt and ground pepper.
• Add the minced garlic, sage and the tomato paste. At this point you may add the anchovies if using.
• Continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add the red wine and continue cooking.
• When the wine has reduced by half, add the roasted red peppers.
• Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
• Transfer the pepper mixture to a blander and pure.
• Reheat as needed.
• Makes four good sized servings
If serving with linguini, cook the pasta according to package directions.
Serve the red pepper sauce over hot buttered linguini.