2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water
1 stick of dry Hungarian sausage, diced
• Place the flour sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix well.
• Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
• Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
• Cover dough and let it rise for 1-1/2 hours.
• Punch down.
• Divide dough and shape into a ball.
• Lightly oil the bowl and place the dough inside.
• Turn the dough over to oil both sides and cover with a clean tea towel.
• Place in a warm spot and let the dough rise until doubled.
• Generously grease an 8″ x 5″ bread pan.
• Punch down and roll dough into a 9x 12″ rectangle on a lightly floured board.
• Arrange the diced sausages on the top.
• Roll up the dough tightly in jellyroll fashion.
• Position the final seal on the bottom.
• Seal the ends with the side of hand into a thin strip.
• Fold the sealed ends under with the fingers.
• Place the shaped loaf with seam side down in the prepared bread pan.
• Let the dough rise until doubled.
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Bake the bread until golden brown.
• Remove from the oven and place bread on a wire rack to cool.