25.3.12

MARINATED VEGETABLE SALAD

We really liked this one. This is my not-quite-Italian salad. I guess if I added stuffed olives, it could have been Italian. Not everyone I cook for likes stuffed olives or any kind of olives for that matter. It was good yesterday, today not as much. This is best sitting in the fridge for an hour, and then eaten up.

MARINATED VEGETABLE SALAD
1/2 lb [about a good handful] of fresh green beans
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes [I used my oven dried tomatoes]
1/8 cup red or white wine vinegar
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil

• Clean the beans and cut the cauliflower into florets.
• Rinse and drain.
• Steam the beans and the cauliflowers separately. Cook until crisp-tender.
• Drain the chickpeas. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
• Place the beans and the cauliflower florets in a salad bowl.
• Add remaining ingredients and toss gently.
• Cover and chill for 1 hour and then serve.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!