6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 Bavarian smokie, thinly sliced
1/4 onion, sliced
4 slices of thick bacon
• Preheat oven to 400F.
• Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
• Place in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper and toss.
• Butter a baking dish.
• Lay half the potatoes in the prepared dish.
• Place the thinly sliced smokie on the potatoes.
• Arrange the sliced onions over the smokie.
• Top with sliced bacon.
• Wrap the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
• Place in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
• Remove foil and continue baking until the top layer lightly browns.
• Serve with sauerkraut and pickled vegetables.